Recently CNA/Schinnerer introduced a low maintenance, high quality approach to their Business Owners Policy offered to AIA Members by enhancing the policy so that frequently requested coverages are provided automatically.
These various types of coverage provide you, the client, with a more comprehensive coverage right from the start. Here’s an overview:
General Liability Enhancement Endorsement
- This endorsement includes contractual liability coverage for operations performed within 50 feet of railroad property providing you with flexibility when working on projects in these locations.
- It also includes the most frequently requested types of additional insureds with coverage that triggers automatically—so architects do not need a separate endorsement each time they are asked to cover an additional insured on their policy.
- Additional insured coverage for architects and their project owners is triggered by the contractual requirements and includes the following:
- Products and completed operations
- Primary or primary and non-contributing
- Waiver of subrogation
- The architect’s aggregate limit applies on a per project basis allowing each architect to better manage a common owner insurance requirement.
Property Enhancement Endorsement
- Coverage is provided for property that is in transit to or from a scheduled location or while off premises temporarily.
- This endorsement includes limited building coverage for an architect’s rented office space.
- It also includes coverage for architectural drawings as valuable papers and architectural models, replicas, sculptures and artistic renderings as fine arts.
The C N A/Schinnerer Professional Liability Insurance Program has the AIA Commendation because it meets all 10 criteria as established by the AIA Board of Directors. In addition CNA/Schinnerer offer Business Owners’ coverage to member firms. For more information on either of these programs, visit www.TheAIATrust.com.