The Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (ACA — also known as “Obama Care”) passed in 2010 raises numerous questions for firm owners and employees alike. Many reforms and requirements that impact employers and policyholders take effect over progressive years.
The AIA Trust has developed and assembled numerous resources to help answer your questions, including a webinar about the ACA impact on firms and fact sheets about grandfathered plans, Health Savings Accounts, and employee architect options. The AIA Trust will continue to update and add resources as the legislative landscape changes.
- Update on how legislation affects small firm health insurance coverage options
- A Fact Sheet for employee architects about alternatives to healthcare coverage and FAQs.
- A new fact sheet about Health Savings Accounts (HSAs) and why you may want to consider them.
- AIA Trust summary of health care provisions
- AIA Trust webinar: How the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act Affects You & Your Practice (updated 2015)
- Find out if you have a health plan with “Grandfathered Status”—and what that means to you and your firm.
- Guidance for firms with 50 or more employees regarding the new 2015 ACA reporting requirements.
- US Department of Health & Human Services key features of the ACA.
- Update about the potential impact on employers of proposed 2017 changes to the ACA.
- Aon summary chart of insurance market reforms and the effect on various plans
- AIA Trust Healthcare Coverage page lists the benefit plans and services offered to AIA Members.