The AIA Trust has developed a number of new benefits for AIA members to navigate through national health reform. Check out these resources designed to help you—whether you are a firm owner, full or part-time employee, or contract worker.
The AIA Trust has recently added for members:
- A new AIA Trust Health Insurance Exchange that enables you to shop multiple quality carriers (NB: insurers vary by location), plans ON and OFF the Public Health Insurance Exchange, apply online or over the phone.
- An all new AIA Trust webinar about: How the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act Affects You & Your Practice
- A brand new fact sheet to help you determine whether your health plan has “Grandfathered Status”—and what that means to you and your firm.
- A brand new Fact Sheet for employee architects about alternatives to healthcare coverage and FAQs, especially helpful if your employer doesn’t offer medical insurance, you are a part-time or contract worker, or you currently are in a waiting period.
Note: There is now a special election period from March 15–April 30, 2015, for people who were not aware they needed to buy health insurance.
The new AIA Trust Health Insurance Exchange is now accessible online and by a toll-free number to enable you to shop multiple quality carriers. You may apply online or over the phone to speak with a licensed and certified Exchange Specialist with a direct toll-free number. Other important facts:
- No medical questions asked—all pre-existing conditions covered;
- 100’s of insurance carriers and 1,000’s of plan designs from which to choose;
- Enroll in less than 15 minutes—either online or over the phone—your choice;
- Low deductibles and out-of-pocket plans available;
- ACA compatible plans, compliant with the law;
- Employers can give access to employees to shop and contribute to premium as desired.
There are more resources about the Affordable Care Act (ACA) plus additional member benefit programs available on the AIA Trust website, including:
- Long Term Care Insurance with special pricing for AIA members, access to the top carriers, and individualized plan design to fit your needs;
- AIA Trust Cancer Care Plan offering extra cash benefits for covered outpatient diagnostic tests for cancer as well as helping to cover cancer care if you’re ever diagnosed with it; and
- For members 65 or older, Medicare Supplement plans that give solid protection against high medical bills while enabling you to choose your doctor.
For more information about how the ACA provisions affect you and the many member benefit plans available to you including access to the new AIA TRUST Health Insurance Exchange, visit the AIA Trust website healthcare page by clicking here.