A Risk Management Resource for AIA Members
The AIA Trust Professional Liability Insurance Database is an easy-to-use searchable directory of Professional Liability Insurers designed to give AIA member architects critical information needed to make one of the most important purchasing decisions for you and your firm.
Searching the Database
You may search the database in several ways:
- Browse through the Professional Liability Insurance (PLI) providers. You may compare up to three providers and print out a report of your comparison if needed.
- Find a specific provider—and print out a one-page profile if needed.
- Filter search results based on criteria you specify.
- Browsing & Compare—Use BROWSE button at left to browse brief listings for each PLI provider in our database, with basic contact information and links to the provider website and their profile. At the bottom of each provider’s profile, you may click to print out a one-page summary profile. Use the Previous & Next options to view all providers (listed in alpha order).
COMPARE —To compare selected insurers, on the BROWSE page, click on the COMPARE button after you have checked up to three insurers. This will enable you to compare specific data, such as benefits and coverage. You may print out the comparison to review and discuss with your broker, partners and/or colleagues.
- Simple Search—To find information about a specific insurer, use the SEARCH button to the left and enter the insurer name in the first field—then hit Enter.
- Customized Results—To find a professional liability insurer that meets your specific criteria, use the SEARCH button and check the boxes for the criteria important to your practice.
The search tool will filter or narrow your results; each criteria selection creates another search requirement. If you don’t get many results, try removing one of your criteria “requirements.”
Tips for Buying Insurance & Finding a Broker
Useful tips on how to go about selecting and applying for professional liability insurance are just a click away. In addition, there is also section on finding a broker with whom to work.
Glossary of Terminology
On the search page, some words are highlighted so you may get clarification of the term simply by placing your cursor over these words. There is also a glossary with definitions in alphabetical order with detailed explanations.
If you have questions or suggestions about the database—or ideas for improvement, please let us know!