Architects face unique challenges in the realm of sustainability — from issues of construction waste and toxic materials to minimizing environmental consumption and impact to ultimately enhancing the environment. New products, techniques, and objectives present ever-changing challenges and risks. The AIA Trust has developed and gathered a number of resources to help members better understand how to meet these challenges successfully.
- A Sustainable Standard of Care?—An AIA Trust white paper
- AIA Contract Documents Sustainability Guide, a sample plan, certification information, and more
- AIA Contract Documents Sustainability Documents, sample documents for sustainable projects
- Navigating Sustainability: The Opportunities and Pitfalls of Designing and Constructing Green Buildings by Gretchen Heberling, 2013 Milton F. Lunch Graduate Research Fellow
- Restoring Neglected Assets: Brownfields Reuse and Related Risks for Landscape Architects by Nicholas Columbo
- Sustainable Design Practice Management Precautions – A Schinnerer Management Advisory
- Sustainable Design Risk Management by Kristin Ballobin, 2008 Milton F. Lunch Research Fellow