You may have heard of personal liability protection or “umbrella” insurance which offers additional protection to home and auto insurance. But do you know what it covers and if you really need it?
Standard home and auto policies generally cover your personal liability when an accident occurs in your home or on the road. Personal Liability Protection (PLP) provides a second line of defense:
- Coverage starting at $1 million for an affordable price (higher limits also available)
- Additional protection should a jury award for covered damages exceeding the limits of your underlying policy
- Defense against covered claims and lawsuits even if they’re groundless or fraudulent, anywhere in the world
- Coverage for accidents caused by any recreational vehicle you operate
- Peace-of-mind that you and your family are covered in the event of unexpected and unusual occurrences, such as a costly legal judgment.
To determine if “umbrella” protection is right for you, consult with your insurance agent and consider the following questions:
- Are the limits on your home and auto liability sufficient to cover you and your family?
- Do you have a swimming pool or a dog?
- What is your tolerance to risk?
- Do you have retirement assets to protect?
To learn more about Liberty Mutual Personal Liability Protection coverage, click here.
You can get a free, no-obligation quote and learn more about Liberty Mutual Auto and Home Insurance by calling 800-524-9400 or visit here.
Coverage underwritten and provided by Liberty Mutual Insurance Company and its affiliates, 175 Berkeley Street, Boston, MA 02116. ©2012 Liberty Mutual Insurance