Claims happen. It’s important to understand why, how to reduce your risks in advance of a potential claim, and how handle one when you must.
- A general guide to assist the member in the handling of a claim, from the anticipating, reporting & managing a claim, including utilizing pre-claim assistance, to defending against a claim, resolving a dispute, and even litigating a claim.
- Find out how best to work with an attorney in your own claim’s defense to resolve a complaint through a collaborative effort between the architect and attorney.
- Understand the internal management actions to take at the infancy of the claims process to assist your attorney and defeat the claim or minimize liability exposure.
- A Small Firm Claims Study indicates that most claims made against small firms derive from either delays and extras or property damage and offers case study examples—with tips on how to avoid these claims.
- Anatomy of a Large Architectural Claim explores how Schinnerer’s risk management matrix can offer a systematic approach to analyzing and assessing risks—to help you reduce risks on new projects.
- Residential Claims Study shares how the risks of residential design continue to rise—and how you can better manage these risks.
Coming Soon! An AIA Trust white paper about How to Navigate Project Closeout in Troubled Situations – to try to avoid a claim altogether!