Cyber Risk: Take it seriously—Your firm is at risk.
Architecture firms of all sizes are seeing an increase in cyber-attacks both in terms of frequency and intensity. From hackers taking control of your servers, to criminals tricking you into paying false invoices, to liability arising from lost data – your firm is at risk.
Architects can now develop a robust risk management procedure for their firm by turning to their insurance professionals. The AIA Trust, through their partnership with Victor, has developed a Cyber Risk Kit to help you understand the cyber exposures that architects face each day, help you assess your firm’s risk, and provide you with comprehensive cyber solutions.
Some questions to consider:
- What information do you collect?
- How do you store the information?
- Who has access to the information?
- How do you protect your data?
- What steps do you take to secure your computers, network, email, etc.?
Click here for listing of key elements of the policy coverage and comparison to comparable coverage found in the market today.
For the Cyber Liability Insurance program through Victor, they have partnered with Dashlane, a password manager and secure digital wallet app, to provide 100 premium licenses free to every Victor Cyber Protection Package policyholder.
The AIA Trust Cyber Liability Insurance Program is designed specifically with the architect in mind with a simple application and more coverage than most competitors. Policyholders have access to a breach response team, privacy attorney providing expert legal services and technical support to help you navigate to resolution and compliance. AIA member policyholders have access to online cyber security training and access to a password manager and secure digital wallet application for your firm valued at over $500.
Learn more about managing your firm’s cyber risk with these AIA Trust practice resources:
- An Architect’s Guide to Buying Cyber Liability Coverage – learn how to evaluate differences in cyber risk coverage options
- An Architect’s Guide to Managing Cyber Threats – 10 steps essential to create a more secure environment for your practice
- Webinar entitled “Get Ahead of Cyber Risk” for CE Credit
- Upcoming and recorded webinars about cyber security
- Cyber Risk Assessment – 10 questions to find out if your firm is at risk
- Cyber Risks: A Typical Architect’s Day
- Why You May Need Cyber Insurance – more than you think
Articles & Papers
- The Threat is Real: Cyber Attacks Against Architectural Firms
- Article about adopting a Digital Security Strategy
- Article about protecting your firm from ransomware