Free Practice Resources for AIA Members
Architects confront risks at many levels daily—and the risks are real and substantial. In its role as a risk management resource for members, the AIA Trust develops a wide variety of reference materials and practice tools.
Click on each heading below to see the array of invaluable resources available to help you understand the many risks, how to avoid them, and how to deal with them successfully.
- Broker Information—from how to work with one to locator networks
- Claims Studies & Guides—why claims happen and how to deal with them
- Component Resources—for grants, seminars, insurance coverage, employee benefits
- Educational Programs—see Webinars, Self-Assessment Tests, Component Seminars
- Financial Planning Resources—Guides and tools to help you plan
- Healthcare Coverage issues—for employers and employees
- How-to Practice Guides – Concise, practical ideas on managing risks successfully
- Legal Network—Find A/E Construction Law Firms & Legal Counsel for your needs
- Library of Risk Management Resources – Find key information about topics listed
- Newsletters—Free quarterly Managing Your Risks e-news about current risk topics – sign up today!
- Ownership Transition Resources — Understand the many considerations & decisions to realize an optimal future
- Practice Forms—Ready to use in your practice: checklists, policies, & forms
- Practice Guides – Risk management guides on specific practice topics and their risks – with concise how-to’s
- Professional Liability Insurance Database—Compare data on 40+ major insurers
- Professional Liability Insurer Annual Survey—Detailed info & industry trends
- Professional Liability Insurance Tips & Guides about buying this critical coverage
- Publications by Topic—Find articles, papers, webinars on topics that address your needs
- Quick Reference Resource Review–Find synopses of AIA Trust white papers by topic
- Retirement Planning Resources—Checklists, calculators, worksheets & guides to help plan ahead
- Risk Management Strategies from Schinnerer—Including Guidelines for Improving Practice, Management Advisories, contract review tips & Voluntary Education Programs for credit—plus Schinnerer’s risk management blog—guidance from the design & construction industry.
- Risk Management Library – Find the answers you need!
- Self-Assessment Tests—Obtain 2-3 learning unit credits on various risk topics
- Small Firms —A list of helpful resources for small firms
- Sustainability Studies & Guides—New developments, trends, and risks
- Webinars—Useful topics for running a firm, some offering CE/HSW credits
- White Papers—New and evolving risks are discussed in depth, with tips to avoid or manage them
Or, if looking for a specific resource, search the website using box in upper right.