In cooperation with AIA/CES, the AIA Trust provides opportunities for AIA Members to earn learning units in the areas of risk & financial management that relate to AIA Trust activities. The AIA Trust website and its resources provide the overview and answers you need to complete successfully these Self Assessment Tests (SATs).
Once you complete any of the tests, scan the completed tests and email them to AIATrust@aia.org. Once we receive your questionnaire(s), you will be emailed corresponding answer sheets with the correct responses and explanations. We will then add the credits to your online transcript.
The AIA Trust developed a self assessment test based on the guide, Making The Transition to Running Your Own Firm, a booklet written in conjunction with Victor & CNA to assist design professionals embarking on that path. Since architects encounter risks that can result in serious financial losses, insurance is a means of managing those risks by transferring them to an insurance company. While not all risks are insurable, a new firm must identify, assess, and plan for how its exposure to risk will be handled. Successful completion of the test will result in three Learning Units (LUs). Click here to access the SAT on Making The Transition to Running Your Own Firm.
The AIA Trust has created two-learning-unit tests about various aspects of managing a firm, including employee benefits and personal coverage. Click on any of the links below to download each test and follow the instructions; then, you can self-report your credits.
- Risk Management I
- Risk Management II
- The Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (PPACA)
- Term Life Insurance
- Retirement Planning
- Disability Insurance
SATs for AIA Trust Risk Reports & White Papers
Complete the Self-Assessment Tests (SATs) for learning unit credit after reading the corresponding AIA Trust risk report or white paper, then follow the instructions to self-report your credit. Check back for future opportunities to earn credits from the AIA Trust.
- Risk Report: 2021 Update: BIM Me Up Scotty — Navigating Risk in Digital Practice
- BIM Me Up Scotty Self-Assessment Test
- Risk Report: If You Build It, They Will Sue: A White Paper on Condominium Projects
- Condo Projects Self Assessment Test
- Risk Report: Bulletproof Contract Administration: Managing Risk During Construction
- Contract Administration Self Assessment Test
- Risk Report: Guilty Until Proven Innocent: Claims Defense Documentation
- Claims Defense Documentation Self Assessment Test
AIA Trust Webinars
Most AIA Trust Webinars, both live and on-demand, offer Self-Assessment Tests that you may complete and submit for Learning Unit credits. Visit the AIA Trust Webinars page for details.