Architects face unique challenges in the realm of sustainability — from issues of construction waste and toxic materials to minimizing environmental consumption and impact to ultimately enhancing the environment. New products, techniques, and objectives present ever-changing challenges and risks. The AIA Trust has developed and gathered a number of resources to help members better understand how to meet these challenges successfully.
- A Sustainable Standard of Care?—An AIA Trust white paper
- An Architect’s Guide to Flood Insurance – Find out what you need to know
- AIA Contract Documents Sustainability Guide, a sample plan, certification information, and more
- AIA Contract Documents Sustainability Documents, sample documents for sustainable projects
- Designing for Sustainability – an article about the growing opportunities and risks to be managed
- NEW! Green Design: What Can Go Wrong? – a paper about how green design is impacting the standard of care